Acumen Magazine of Lehigh University
by Geoff Gehman
At a glance...
Heather Gilligan is Professor of Music at Keene State College, where she is the coordinator of theory, composition, and aural skills. She is a member of the Boston Composers' Coalition, a group of seven composers dedicated to the creation, performance, education, and dissemination of new American music.
Highlights from 2020...
- A soprano duet for Margot Rood: A Light Exists in Spring - performed digitally during the Covid-19 pandemic. Click here to view!
- A recording session of A Woman Knows: 8 Songs on the Progress of Women, for a cappella vocal quartet. Check out this sneak peak of one of the songs, Twelve Reasons Why Women Should Vote! Recorded at EvenFall Studio, Spofford, NH
- A featured podcast by Seraphic Fire, in which Margot Rood and Patrick Dupre Quigley discuss Rood's career and Gilligan's compositions
- A new composition for violin & piano, coming soon!
- An commission by the Kinnara Ensemble of Atlanta, GA - stay tuned!
- An commission by the Grand Monadnock Youth Choir and KSC Concert Choir